Premier Certified Energy Manager (CEM®) Training Program | Davie, FL | February 2024
- Registration Closed
15712 SW 41st Street, Suite #5,
Davie, FL 33331
|February 12-16, 2024
Ends at 11:59 PM EST 8 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $1,995
AEE Member | $1,750
Begins 12:00 AM EST 7 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $2,095
AEE Member | $1,850
Registration closes 12:00 AM EST 3 business days prior to training start or if course reaches capacity.
An in-person training program, held over 5 days, 33 total hours with multiple instructors.
The Certified Energy Manager Training Program focuses on optimizing energy use and costs within non-residential buildings. It explains how energy is purchased and then used in various energy systems throughout a building, such as HVAC, Lighting, Motors, and Boilers. This holistic approach helps energy professionals see the big picture and then learn how to optimize systems to reduce costs, improve profits, and increase occupant satisfaction. Most course participants leave with actionable ideas they can immediately apply in their facilities to improve profitability. Please reference the CEM® Body of Knowledge.
Who Should Attend
The CEM® program is of particular value to Facility Managers, Energy Managers, Utility Employees, ESCO Employees, and Consultants. The course covers complex concepts. However, our experienced instructors explain so that anyone can learn and find value. Attendees have included individuals with diverse business, industrial and government backgrounds, such as non-engineers, engineers, sustainability professionals, and lawyers.
Daily Breaks Days 1 - 4 : AM Break (15 min) | Lunch Break (1 hr) | PM Break (15 min)
Please see the "My Learning Path" tab for schedule information.
*Remote exams are scheduled on an individual basis. See Certification Program tab for additional instructions.
All registration and course materials will be given to attendees at sign-in on day 1 at the training location. Workbooks will not be pre-shipped to in-person attendees.
What You Will Learn
- Learn energy management from a global perspective, but also understand applicable codes, standards, and policies for your region or country.
- Learn how systems and energy-saving technologies can be used throughout a building, such as HVAC, lighting, motors, boilers, energy storage, CHP, etc.
- Learn how energy management strategies and practices, such as energy audits or M&V, can help identify energy savings and reduce costs.
- Understand the economic aspects of energy management that you need to know for procurement, supply, and project financing.
Tim is a life member of the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE). Having served as International President of AEE in 2006, he is currently AEE's Director of Special Projects. Tim was elected to the AEE Energy Managers Hall of Fame in 2007 and is currently an international instructor for AEE. As Principal of Spectrum Energy Concepts, Inc., Tim provides energy consulting services for clients that represent a who’s who of the industry. Mr. Janos's formal education includes degrees from John Carroll University and a JD from Cleveland State University.
Dr. Eric Woodroof has trained thousands of professionals, who are now saving billions in avoided energy expenses and global pollution. He continually learns from working with these professionals, and he brings this collective knowledge back to his clients and students during his seminars and keynotes.
Dr. Woodroof has over 100 publications and also serves as Chairman of the Energy Management Professional Council. He has received Department of Energy Awards and is the youngest member ever inducted into two separate Hall of Fames related to Energy Engineering.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Energy Manager (CEM®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification on the Becoming a CEM® page. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Registering for the training does NOT register you for the certification exam. To take the exam, you must register for the exam and pay a separate fee. Attendees are encouraged to complete a certification application 4 weeks prior to taking the exam.
After you submit the certification application, you will receive an email confirmation letter from AEE within 4-weeks. Any additional questions about the CEM exam, certification eligibility, scheduling, or the application process can be directed to our CEM Certification Director, Crystal Xiong, email@example.com.
For additional information, visit the links below.
The following books are suggested reference books and printed copies are available through the AEE Bookstore. AEE members receive an 15% discount on printed books. Reference books are not required and are intended to help prepare for a training course and exam.
Digital copies of these books are available through the AEE eLibrary, which is a great resource for accessing searchable content as well as highlighting and taking notes. The eLibrary is available to AEE members for the low discounted price of $35 per year. Digital books cannot be printed or accessed during the certification exam.
If you’re an AEE member, add the eLibrary subscription to your membership here.
If you’re not a member, join AEE here and add the eLibrary subscription to your membership.
- Course Materials: All registration and course materials will be given to attendees at sign-in on day 1 at the seminar location. Workbooks will not be pre-shipped to in-person attendees.
- CEM Body of Knowledge and Study Guide
- Helpful Concept Videos (Free) & Resources
- AEE eLibrary: Technical reference books focused on energy management, energy efficiency, engineering, renewables, clean energy, and sustainability.
- Allowed Calculators: You may use any scientific, business/financial, or graphing calculator, unless it has internet capability. For example, TI 30, 30x, 35 and 35x range will work well. Business/Financial calculators offer the ability to quickly check ‘time value of money’ computations.
- Prohibited Calculators: Smartphones, smartwatches, tablets, or laptop computers, including PDAs, electronic writing pads or pen-input devices, calculators built into cell phones or any other electronic communication devices.
Public Training Program Participant Transfer & Cancellation Policy
The following terms and conditions apply to Participants who register for training programs with the Association of Energy Engineers, Inc. (AEE). All requests for transfers, substitutions, or cancellations must be submitted via email to the Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org; by registering for a course, you agree to these terms and conditions.
In-Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registration fees can be transferred to another public course offering, or
- Registration can be substituted with another person who is interested in taking the course. AEE will not refund fee differences; registrants will be responsible for making up any cost differences.
- Transfer options expire one year from the original registration order date.
- Requests for transfer must be submitted via email to the Training Department at email@example.com 14 days before the course’s start date.
- There is a $200 transfer fee.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are not eligible to transfer out of the on-demand course and into another.
In Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registrants who cancel 21 days or more before the start date are eligible for a refund minus a $200 cancellation fee.
- Registrants who cancel 20 days or less before the start date, or who are no-shows are ineligible for a refund.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are ineligible to receive a refund or cancel their registration.
If there are changes to a training program that are outside of AEE’s control (including, but not limited to, instructor illness, acts of terrorism, acts of God, war, civil disturbances, declaration of national emergency, accidents or labor disputes, fire, flood, storms etc.), participants will be notified as soon as possible, and AEE’s liability will be limited to the reimbursement of the training program registration fee.
Updated November 13, 2023