Certified Measurement & Verification Professional® Training Program
A Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP®) is an individual who measures and verifies energy usage and energy requirements throughout a building or across multiple facilities. They develop metrics so that investment in energy, water, demand management, retrofit, and renewable energy projects can be evaluated, and prioritized. A CMVP® can often help a company realize substantial savings.
About This Program
This training program is designed to provide attendees an understanding of industry best practices for measurement and verification (M&V), including how to evaluate the performance of efficiency projects, and how to best apply the International Performance Measurement and Verification Protocol (IPMVP) standard.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to measure, verify and evaluate metrics for prioritizing investment in energy, water and demand management, and renewable energy projects.
- Learn how to apply the core M&V program concepts and framework to a wide variety of facilities, including existing and new buildings and industrial processes.
- Undertake a review of the IPMVP and learn essential concepts of IPMVP options A, B, C & D.
- Learn why the ISO 50001 standard for Energy Management Systems is critical for M&V professionals
Who Should Attend
The program is of greatest value to those undertaking or assessing M&V energy projects. Obtaining AEE's CMVP® certification provides international credibility among energy management and M&V communities. Attendees of this program have included existing M&V professionals, energy engineers, energy analysts, financial executives, manufacturing and facilities managers, and energy consultants.
- Short Examples and Best Applications
- M&V Planning
- Critical Issues
- M&V Calculations
- Retrofit Isolation Details
- IPMVP Options A and B
- IPMVP Option C (Whole Facility Performance Assessment)
- IPMVP Option D (Missing Baseline or Reporting Period Data)
- IPMVP Adherence: Core Concepts & Uncertainty Assessment
- Other M&V Applications
- Summary and Review of a Detailed M&V Plan
Over three days, one of our professional instructors will guide you through M&V, and the IPMVP. Their teaching and industry experience allows them to deliver information that is of the most relevance and practical value to attendees.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
- This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Measurement & Verification Professional® (CMVP®) exam.
- This program is held over 3 days.
- You earn 1.8 CEU | 18 PDH | 3.6 AEE Credits for completing this program.
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered.
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE's certification exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
- Leave with a course workbook and other tools that are invaluable in the field.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Carbon Auditing Professional™ exam. Please review the requirements for certification on the Becoming a CMVP® page.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Certified Measurement & Verification Professional® (CMVP®) accreditation is one of the most globally respected in the field of energy management. For a full list of organizations that have recognized or accredited the CMVP program, visit aeecenter.org/cmvp.