Certified Business Commissioning Professional® Training Program
Building commissioning is the process of ensuring that new building systems are designed, installed, tested, and capable of being operated and maintained according to the owner's intent, requirements, and operational needs. Commissioning can also restore existing buildings to high productivity through renovation, upgrade and tune-up of existing systems.
About This Program
This training program provides an in-depth look at effective energy efficient strategies for building commissioning. Over four days, attendees gain a clear understanding of building commissioning concepts, processes, and project management.
What Will You Learn?
- Learn the commission process and how building owner requirements apply for efficient operation and desired occupancy.
- Learn proven steps, milestones, and practices needed to manage a project, including the considerations needed to bring all functional teams together for a common goal.
- Learn about important concepts in testing, renovation, and service to maintain efficient building systems.
- Learn valuable lessons from successfully completed projects at hospitals, data centers, airports, university campuses, school districts, commercial buildings, government properties, district heating and cooling, and research facilities.
Who Should Attend
The program is of great value to individuals responsible for building commissioning projects, whether directly managing these projects, or interacting with contractors and consultants that are undertaking these projects on your company's behalf. Attendees of this program have included energy engineers, energy managers, building owners, plant engineers, maintenance engineers, facilities managers, and energy consultants.
- Building Commissioning History, Philosophy and Fundamentals
- Introduction to Building Commissioning
- Prominent Resources of Building Commissioning Guidelines and Organizations
- New Building Commissioning
- LEED BD+C Commissioning
- Existing Building Commissioning (EBCx) and Retro-Commissioning (RCx)
- LEED O+M Commissioning (LEED Version of RCx)
- Building System Cx Know-How & RCx In-Depth
- Best Practices
- Class interactions, discussions and brainstorming session
- Commissioning Software Tools
- Smart Building Commissioning
Each member of our team of professional instructors provides their own experience and focuses on specific areas essential to building commissioning. Their combined teaching and industry experience allows them to deliver information that is of the most relevance and practical value to attendees.
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
- This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Building Commissioning Professional® (CBCP®) exam.
- This program is held over 4 days.
- You earn 2.5 CEU | 25 PDH | 5.0 AEE Credits for completing this program.
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered.
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE's certification exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
- Leave with a course workbook that will become an invaluable desk reference.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Carbon Auditing Professional™ exam. Please review the requirements for certification on the Becoming a CBCP™ page.
Accreditation and Recognition
The Certified Building Commissioning Professional® (CBCP®) accreditation is one of the most globally respected in the field of energy management for buildings and facilities. For a full list of organizations that have recognized or accredited the CBCP® program visit aeecenter.org/cbcp.