Certified Business Energy Professional® Training Program
To be effective at the highest levels of business, energy professionals need to understand and consider all possible factors when implementing energy improvement programs. By understanding not only the energy savings but also the potential financial and productivity impact on the bottom line, they can make more effective decisions, as well as present and justify energy management and energy efficiency-related programs.
About This Program
This training program is designed to provide attendees a deep-dive into the financial and human aspects of energy efficiency and energy management. You will learn the principles and practices of the highest relevance when looking at the business value of energy management projects.
What You Will Learn
- Understand what business-oriented professionals needs to know when supervising technical professionals in energy management.
- Learn the essential aspects of energy procurement and energy accounting and reporting.
- Learn the critical financial factors for performance contracting management, alternative financing, and project financing.
- Learn how to look at utility rates and make project decisions based on this knowledge.
- Learn how to communicate in non-technical terms the benefits of energy efficiency projects.
Who Should Attend
This training program is of greatest value to non-technical business-oriented professionals that manage energy engineers or oversee energy efficiency projects, or technically-oriented professionals that need a better understanding of justifying projects ad the business side of energy management. Obtaining AEE's BEP® certification provides international credibility among energy management, sustainable and clean energy communities. Attendees of this program have included existing energy professionals, executives, financial executives, facilities managers, energy consultants, energy engineers, and energy managers.
- Introduction to Energy Management (EM)
- Building Codes and Standards
- Energy Fundamentals for the BEP
- Electric and Gas Rate Structures
- Energy Procurement
- Energy Accounting
- Energy Auditing and Instrumentation
- Economic Analysis
- Alternative Financing
- Measurement & Verification (M&V)
- Metering and Submetering
- Web Based Energy Information System (EIS)
- HVAC Systems and Chillers
- Control Systems
- LEED/Green Building (GB) Programs
- Industrial Processes and Utility Equipment
- Motor Systems Management
- Boilers and Steam Systems
- Compressed Air Systems
- Combined Heat and Power (CHP) and On-site Generation
- Energy Efficient Equipment
Over five days, one of our professional instructors will guide you, step-by-step through this program. Their teaching and industry experience allows them to deliver information that is of the most relevance and practical value to attendees.
- This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Business Energy Professional® (BEP®) exam.
- This program is held over 5 days.
- You earn 3.2 CEU | 32 PDH | 6.4 AEE Credits for completing this program.
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered.
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE's certification exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
- Leave with a course workbook that will become an invaluable desk reference.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Carbon Auditing Professional™ exam. Please review the requirements for certification on the Becoming a BEP® page.