Certified Sustainable Development Professional (CSDP®) Training Program | April 2024
Includes Multiple Live Events. The next is on 04/08/2024 at 8:00 AM (EDT)
|April 8-10, 2024
Ends at 11:59 PM EST 8 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $950
AEE Member | $850
Begins 12:00 AM EST 7 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $1,050
AEE Member | $950
Registration closes 12:00 AM EST 3 business days prior to training start or if course reaches capacity.
This online program is a highly condensed version of the standard Certified Sustainable Development Professional Training Program. It offers attendees a detailed overview of "green" practices in construction and product specification, alternative energy systems, carbon reduction, and sustainable program applications and technologies. It also provides a comprehensive understanding of financial, economic, and policy issues to assist you in developing sustainability plans, implementing strategies and help meet your sustainability goals.
Attending this program is an ideal opportunity to participate in a focused, fast-paced instructional program, designed to expand your knowledge of sustainable development principles and practices. The program is presented in short 2.5-hour sessions over the course of four days to allow professionals to attend while still maintaining their current work schedule.
Who Should Attend
This course provides the best value for energy engineering and sustainability professionals whose roles include:
- Supervising sustainability programs
- Managing other energy industry professionals
- Municipal and institutional sustainability program development
- Corporate and industrial sustainability development
- Sustainable development for buildings, industrial plants, and governmental facilities.
- Integrating energy and sustainability programs
- Green project development and procurement
- Sustainability program financing, including alternative funding
- Marketing sustainable products, programs, and services
Daily Breaks Days 1 - 3 : AM Break (15 min) | Lunch Break (1 hr) | PM Break (15 min)
Please see the "My Learning Schedule" tab for schedule information.
*Remote exams are scheduled on an individual basis. See Certification Program tab for additional instructions.
What You Will Learn
- Learn energy management from a global perspective, but also understand applicable codes, standards, and policies for your region or country.
- Learn how systems and energy-saving technologies can be used throughout a building, such as HVAC, lighting, motors, boilers, energy storage, CHP, etc.
- Learn how energy management strategies and practices, such as energy audits or M&V, can help identify energy savings and reduce costs.
- Understand the economic aspects of energy management that you need to know for procurement, supply, and project financing.
Stephen has worked in the energy industry for over 35 years as an energy engineer, designer, manager, educator, and consultant. He is the president of RPM Asset Holdings and considered internationally to be an expert in energy conservation, energy management, sustainable design, and renewable energy. His experience includes energy studies and projects for over 3,500 buildings with over $100 million in energy conservation, energy management, and alternative energy projects developed for industrial, institutional, and commercial customers. These projects have included renewable energy applications for the construction industry, including the solar, geothermal, wind, waste-to-energy, and transportation sectors. He is the editor of the 9th edition of the Energy Management Handbook, editor-in-chief of AEE's new International Journal of Strategic Energy and Environmental Planning and has authored over 50 published articles and four books.
Dr. Roosa is a past AEE president and the present AEE Director of Sustainable State and Local Programs and current Chairman of the Renewable Energy Professional Certification Board. He holds the following professional certifications: Renewable Energy Professional, Sustainable Development Professional, Certified Energy Manager, Carbon Reduction Manager, Indoor Air Quality Professional, Measurement and Verification Professional, Certified Energy Monitoring and Control System Designer, Demand Side Management, Business Energy Professional and a LEED Accredited Professional. Stephen has received numerous awards during his career including the Association of Energy Engineers (AEE) International Energy Manager of the Year Award, the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers National Energy Engineers Systems Technology Award and the U.S. Joint Chiefs of Staff Citation for Energy Management. He is a member of the AEE Energy Managers' Hall of Fame. Dr. Roosa holds a Ph.D. in planning and urban development, a master of business administration and professional bachelor's degree in architecture.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Sustainable Development Professional (CSDP®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification on the Becoming a CSDP® page. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Registering for the training does NOT register you for the certification exam. To take the exam, you must register for the exam and pay a separate fee. Attendees are encouraged to complete a certification application 4 weeks prior to taking the exam.
After you submit the certification application, you will receive an email confirmation letter from AEE within 4-weeks. Any additional questions about the CSDP exam, certification eligibility, scheduling, or the application process can be directed to our CSDP Certification Director, Francine Seskin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, visit the links below.
The following books are suggested reference books and printed copies are available through the AEE Bookstore. AEE members receive an 15% discount on printed books. Reference books are not required and are intended to help prepare for a training course and exam.
Digital copies of these books are available through the AEE eLibrary, which is a great resource for accessing searchable content as well as highlighting and taking notes. The eLibrary is available to AEE members for the low discounted price of $35 per year. Digital books cannot be printed or accessed during the certification exam.
If you’re an AEE member, add the eLibrary subscription to your membership here.
If you’re not a member, join AEE here and add the eLibrary subscription to your membership.
Public Training Program Participant Transfer & Cancellation Policy
The following terms and conditions apply to Participants who register for training programs with the Association of Energy Engineers, Inc. (AEE). All requests for transfers, substitutions, or cancellations must be submitted via email to the Training Department at email@example.com; by registering for a course, you agree to these terms and conditions.
In-Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registration fees can be transferred to another public course offering, or
- Registration can be substituted with another person who is interested in taking the course. AEE will not refund fee differences; registrants will be responsible for making up any cost differences.
- Transfer options expire one year from the original registration order date.
- Requests for transfer must be submitted via email to the Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org 14 days before the course’s start date.
- There is a $200 transfer fee.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are not eligible to transfer out of the on-demand course and into another.
In Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registrants who cancel 21 days or more before the start date are eligible for a refund minus a $200 cancellation fee.
- Registrants who cancel 20 days or less before the start date, or who are no-shows are ineligible for a refund.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are ineligible to receive a refund or cancel their registration.
If there are changes to a training program that are outside of AEE’s control (including, but not limited to, instructor illness, acts of terrorism, acts of God, war, civil disturbances, declaration of national emergency, accidents or labor disputes, fire, flood, storms etc.), participants will be notified as soon as possible, and AEE’s liability will be limited to the reimbursement of the training program registration fee.
Updated November 13, 2023