Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP®) Training Program | Bellevue, WA | April 2024
Includes Multiple Live Events. The next is on 04/29/2024 at 8:00 AM (EDT)
|April 29- May 2, 2024
Ends at 11:59 PM EST 8 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $1,650
AEE Member | $1,550
Begins 12:00 AM EST 7 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $1,750
AEE Member | $1,650
Registration closes 12:00 AM EST 3 business days prior to training start or if course reaches capacity.
The Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP®) Training Program is designed to provide attendees an understanding of industry best practices for measurement and verification to evaluate the performance of efficiency projects. Over three days, our professional instructor will guide you through M&V and identify the principles and practices of greatest relevance and practical value.
Who Should Attend
The program is of greatest value to those undertaking or assessing M&V energy projects. Obtaining AEE’s CMVP® certification provides international credibility among energy management and M&V communities. Attendees of this program have included existing M&V professionals, energy engineers, energy managers, executives, financial executives, manufacturing and facilities managers, and energy consultants.
Daily Breaks Days 1 - 2 : AM Break (15 min) | Lunch Break (1 hr) | PM Break (15 min)
Please see the "My Learning Path" tab for schedule information.
*Remote exams are scheduled on an individual basis. See Certification Program tab for additional instructions.
All registration and course materials will be given to attendees at sign-in on day 1 at the training location. Workbooks will not be pre-shipped to in-person attendees.
What You Will Learn
- Learn how to measure, verify and evaluate metrics for prioritizing investment in energy, water and demand management, and renewable energy projects.
- Learn how to apply the core M&V program concepts and framework to a wide variety of facilities, including existing and new buildings and industrial processes.
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered
- Gain access to spreadsheets and tools that are invaluable in the field.
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Certified Measurement & Verification Professional® (CMVP®) exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Measurement & Verification Professional (CMVP®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification on the Becoming a CMVP® page. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Registering for the training does NOT register you for the certification exam. To take the exam, you must register for the exam and pay a separate fee. Attendees are encouraged to complete a certification application 4 weeks prior to taking the exam.
After you submit the certification application, you will receive an email confirmation letter from AEE within 4-weeks. Any additional questions about the CMVP exam, certification eligibility, scheduling, or the application process can be directed to our CMVP Certification Director, Michelle Zakin Leclerc, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, visit the links below.
The following books are suggested reference books and printed copies are available through the AEE Bookstore. AEE members receive an 15% discount on printed books. Reference books are not required and are intended to help prepare for a training course and exam.
Digital copies of these books are available through the AEE eLibrary, which is a great resource for accessing searchable content as well as highlighting and taking notes. The eLibrary is available to AEE members for the low discounted price of $35 per year. Digital books cannot be printed or accessed during the certification exam.
If you’re an AEE member, add the eLibrary subscription to your membership here.
If you’re not a member, join AEE here and add the eLibrary subscription to your membership.
Public Training Program Participant Transfer & Cancellation Policy
The following terms and conditions apply to Participants who register for training programs with the Association of Energy Engineers, Inc. (AEE). All requests for transfers, substitutions, or cancellations must be submitted via email to the Training Department at email@example.com; by registering for a course, you agree to these terms and conditions.
In-Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registration fees can be transferred to another public course offering, or
- Registration can be substituted with another person who is interested in taking the course. AEE will not refund fee differences; registrants will be responsible for making up any cost differences.
- Transfer options expire one year from the original registration order date.
- Requests for transfer must be submitted via email to the Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org 14 days before the course’s start date.
- There is a $200 transfer fee.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are not eligible to transfer out of the on-demand course and into another.
In Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registrants who cancel 21 days or more before the start date are eligible for a refund minus a $200 cancellation fee.
- Registrants who cancel 20 days or less before the start date, or who are no-shows are ineligible for a refund.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are ineligible to receive a refund or cancel their registration.
If there are changes to a training program that are outside of AEE’s control (including, but not limited to, instructor illness, acts of terrorism, acts of God, war, civil disturbances, declaration of national emergency, accidents or labor disputes, fire, flood, storms etc.), participants will be notified as soon as possible, and AEE’s liability will be limited to the reimbursement of the training program registration fee.
Updated November 13, 2023