Accelerated Certified Energy Manager (CEM®) Online Training Program | May 2024
Includes Multiple Live Events. The next is on 05/20/2024 at 11:30 AM (EDT)
|May 20-24, 2024
Ends at 11:59 PM EST 8 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $1,050
AEE Member | $950
Begins 12:00 AM EST 7 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $1,150
AEE Member | $1,050
Registration closes 12:00 AM EST 3 business days prior to training start or if course reaches capacity.
This online program is a highly condensed version of the standard Certified Energy Manager Program. It is designed for professionals with a P.E. or at least five years of experience in the energy management or energy efficiency fields.
Over five days, the instructor will review many aspects of energy management, including current strategies, principles, and best practices, and available systems and technologies. The fast-paced program focuses on the “where to” and “how to” optimize energy use and costs within non-residential buildings. By understanding the fundamental principles, experienced professionals finish the program with actionable ideas they can immediately apply in their facilities to improve profitability. The instructor reviews energy calculations and core content aligned with the CEM Body of Knowledge.
Who Should Attend
This fast-paced program assumes attendees have prior experience in the energy management field and have the ability to study and work problems offline. It is of particular value to Facility Managers, Energy Managers, Utility Employees, ESCO Employees, Energy Engineers, and Consultants. The course covers complex concepts in a condensed schedule and is of particular value for those wishing to review energy management principles and practices before taking the CEM certification exam.
Online Training Experience
Attendees can participate in this online program from anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection or access via smartphone/tablet.
What You Will Learn
- Learn energy management from a global perspective, but also understand applicable codes, standards, and policies for your region or country.
- Learn how systems and energy-saving technologies can be used throughout a building, such as HVAC, lighting, motors, boilers, energy storage, CHP, etc.
- Learn how energy management strategies and practices, such as energy audits or M&V, can help identify energy savings and reduce costs.
- Understand the economic aspects of energy management that you need to know for procurement, supply, and project financing.
Clint Christenson (Moderator)
Clint is currently a consultant and instructor providing optimization services for industrial, commercial and institutional customers. He previously served as Senior Buildings Engineer for Pacific Northwest National Laboratories, Senior Energy Engineer with NORESCO, Inc., the Director of Advanced Solutions for Johnson Controls, Inc., and Director of Oklahoma State University's Industrial Assessment Center. Throughout his 25 year career in energy management, Clint has conducted over 150 industrial, commercial, and institutional energy surveys. He is also widely published in the energy field and has made numerous presentations at national and international conferences.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Energy Manager (CEM®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification on the Becoming a CEM® page. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Registering for the training does NOT register you for the certification exam. To take the exam, you must register for the exam and pay a separate fee. Attendees are encouraged to complete a certification application 4 weeks prior to taking the exam.
After you submit the certification application, you will receive an email confirmation letter from AEE within 4-weeks. Any additional questions about the CEM exam, certification eligibility, scheduling, or the application process can be directed to our CEM Certification Director, Crystal Xiong, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, visit the links below.
The following books are suggested reference books and printed copies are available through the AEE Bookstore. AEE members receive an 15% discount on printed books. Reference books are not required and are intended to help prepare for a training course and exam.
Digital copies of these books are available through the AEE eLibrary, which is a great resource for accessing searchable content as well as highlighting and taking notes. The eLibrary is available to AEE members for the low discounted price of $35 per year. Digital books cannot be printed or accessed during the certification exam.
If you’re an AEE member, add the eLibrary subscription to your membership here.
If you’re not a member, join AEE here and add the eLibrary subscription to your membership.
Public Training Program Participant Transfer & Cancellation Policy
The following terms and conditions apply to Participants who register for training programs with the Association of Energy Engineers, Inc. (AEE). All requests for transfers, substitutions, or cancellations must be submitted via email to the Training Department at email@example.com; by registering for a course, you agree to these terms and conditions.
In-Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registration fees can be transferred to another public course offering, or
- Registration can be substituted with another person who is interested in taking the course. AEE will not refund fee differences; registrants will be responsible for making up any cost differences.
- Transfer options expire one year from the original registration order date.
- Requests for transfer must be submitted via email to the Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org 14 days before the course’s start date.
- There is a $200 transfer fee.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are not eligible to transfer out of the on-demand course and into another.
In Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registrants who cancel 21 days or more before the start date are eligible for a refund minus a $200 cancellation fee.
- Registrants who cancel 20 days or less before the start date, or who are no-shows are ineligible for a refund.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are ineligible to receive a refund or cancel their registration.
If there are changes to a training program that are outside of AEE’s control (including, but not limited to, instructor illness, acts of terrorism, acts of God, war, civil disturbances, declaration of national emergency, accidents or labor disputes, fire, flood, storms etc.), participants will be notified as soon as possible, and AEE’s liability will be limited to the reimbursement of the training program registration fee.
Updated November 13, 2023