50001 Certified Professional (50001 CP) Training Program | March 2024
Includes Multiple Live Events. The next is on 03/11/2024 at 8:00 AM (EDT)
|March 11-14, 2024
Ends at 11:59AM EST 8 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $1,995
AEE Member | $1,750
Begins 12:00 AM EST 7 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $2,095
AEE Member | $1,850
Registration closes 12:00 AM EST 3 business days prior to training start or if course reaches capacity.
A virtual training program, held over 4 days, 30 total hours.
This program is designed to take an individual with a strong understanding of energy and the technical ways in which energy improvements can be made and broad knowledge of the ISO 50001 Standard and over the period of four days transform them into individuals with a complete understanding of the energy management systems process with all its integral components and give them the competencies to implement, analyze or audit an energy management system against the energy management requirements but also to form an opinion as to whether the energy management system is fit for purpose within the organization and will lead to energy improvements within that organization.
Who Should Attend
Certified Energy Managers who are providing ISO 50001 support to clients
Certified Energy Auditors who are providing ISO 50001 support to clients
Sustainability Leads/ Sustainability Managers that want to improve the outcomes from their management systems
Engineering Managers that want to better understand the requirements of the management standards
Energy Management System auditors that wish to get a better understanding of the interactions of the various components of the energy management standard and the end users in a certified organisation
Daily Breaks Days 1 - 4 : AM Break (15 min) | Lunch Break (1 hr) | PM Break (15 min)
Please see the "My Learning Path" tab for schedule information.
*Remote exams are scheduled on an individual basis. See Certification Program tab for additional instructions.
Once registration has been completed the workbook will be delivered to the registrants address under their profile.
To view/update your address visit your Profile.
What You Will Learn
- Learn energy management from a global perspective, but also understand applicable codes, standards, and policies for your region or country.
- Learn how systems and energy-saving technologies can be used throughout a building, such as HVAC, lighting, motors, boilers, energy storage, CHP, etc.
- Learn how energy management strategies and practices, such as energy audits or M&V, can help identify energy savings and reduce costs.
- Understand the economic aspects of energy management that you need to know for procurement, supply, and project financing.
Mike Stowe, P.E.
Michael Stowe is a senior energy engineer with Advanced Energy in Raleigh, North Carolina, specializing in industrial process energy efficiency and strategic energy management (SEM). He has over 30 years of experience working in manufacturing plants and implementing SEM. Mike has extensive experience with many industrial processes and all types of plant facility support systems.
Mike works with utilities, industrial equipment vendors, and manufacturing plant teams to find the best technical and most energy efficient solutions for industrial processes. He has earned numerous credentials and certifications and is a nationally recognized subject matter expert on ISO 50001, 50001 Ready, and SEM. He serves on several industrial process trade association boards and ISO 50001-related technical committees.
Georgia Tech: Mechanical Engineer, 1982
US Navy: Nuclear Power School and Submarine Officer Training, 1983
This training program prepares attendees to take the 50001 CP exam. Please review the requirements for certification on the Becoming a 50001 CP page. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Registering for the training does NOT register you for the certification exam. To take the exam, you must register for the exam and pay a separate fee. Attendees are encouraged to complete a certification application 4 weeks prior to taking the exam.
After you submit the certification application, you will receive an email confirmation letter from AEE within 4-weeks. Any additional questions about the exam, certification eligibility, scheduling, or the application process can be directed to our 50001 CP Certification Director, Francine Seskin, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information, visit the links below.
Public Training Program Participant Transfer & Cancellation Policy
The following terms and conditions apply to Participants who register for training programs with the Association of Energy Engineers, Inc. (AEE). All requests for transfers, substitutions, or cancellations must be submitted via email to the Training Department at email@example.com; by registering for a course, you agree to these terms and conditions.
In-Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registration fees can be transferred to another public course offering, or
- Registration can be substituted with another person who is interested in taking the course. AEE will not refund fee differences; registrants will be responsible for making up any cost differences.
- Transfer options expire one year from the original registration order date.
- Requests for transfer must be submitted via email to the Training Department at firstname.lastname@example.org 14 days before the course’s start date.
- There is a $200 transfer fee.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are not eligible to transfer out of the on-demand course and into another.
In Person OR Virtual OR Online
- Registrants who cancel 21 days or more before the start date are eligible for a refund minus a $200 cancellation fee.
- Registrants who cancel 20 days or less before the start date, or who are no-shows are ineligible for a refund.
- Registrants who enroll in on-demand courses are ineligible to receive a refund or cancel their registration.
If there are changes to a training program that are outside of AEE’s control (including, but not limited to, instructor illness, acts of terrorism, acts of God, war, civil disturbances, declaration of national emergency, accidents or labor disputes, fire, flood, storms etc.), participants will be notified as soon as possible, and AEE’s liability will be limited to the reimbursement of the training program registration fee.
Updated November 13, 2023