Project Management for Energy Engineers and Energy Managers Online Training Program | 12/14-12/15
Includes Multiple Live Events. The next is on 12/14/2023 at 12:00 PM (EST)
|12/14/2023 - 12/15/2023|
Ends at 11:59 PM EST 9 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $825
AEE Member | $750
Begins 12:00 AM EST 8 business days prior to training start.
Non-Member | $925
AEE Member | $850
Registration closes 12:00 AM EST the day prior to training start or if course reaches capacity.
This program delves quickly into best practices in project management that have been learned, vetted, and proven from over 30 years of project and program management experience in diverse industrial and commercial settings. Participants will get the opportunity to learn lessons that are seldom covered in textbooks and are often only acquired through experience. Our instructor provides his first-hand insight into the "A to Z of management for energy projects" and provides an introduction to commercially available project management programs/tools. You will be exposed to all phases of project implementation and execution, beginning with the formulation, vetting, and acceptance of the project objectives followed quickly by commissioning and project closure. Examples of typical large projects – with budgets exceeding 0.5 million dollars and schedules extending over many months are also reviewed.
This is a non-certification course.
Who Should Attend
- Energy Engineers and Energy Managers.
- Maintenance Engineers and Maintenance Managers.
- Licensed, Professional Engineers who need to meet the annual or biennial license renewal PDH (Professional Development Hour) or CEU (Continuing Education Units) requirements.
- Engineers and Architects who want to improve or update their working knowledge of electrical engineering.
- Facility Managers, Engineering Managers, Program/Project Managers and other executives or leaders who feel a lack of adequate electrical knowledge to hold meaningful discussions and to make informed decisions with interacting with their electrical subordinates or colleagues.
- Non-engineers, including technical writers responsible for developing operations and maintenance manuals for electrical or electrically operated equipment.
- Procurement and purchasing professionals who are responsible for the acquisition of electrical or electrically operated equipment.
Online Training Experience
Attending this program is an ideal opportunity to participate in a focused, fast-paced instructional program, designed to expand your knowledge of project management. The program is presented in short sessions over the course of two days to allow professionals to attend while still maintaining their current work schedule.
Attendees can participate in this online program from anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection or access via smartphone/tablet.
What You Will Learn
- Understand the importance of establishing, clarifying, and obtaining agreement on energy project objectives.
- Understand the importance of and the distinction between energy project objective, the scope of work, and functional specifications.
- Understand energy project mapping and flow.
- Discern the key phases and stepping stones in the flow of an energy project through a project flow diagram.
- Understand the critical tenets of energy project contracts or agreements.
- Know the importance of well thought through and effective energy project organization and organization charts.
- Know proven energy project implementation best practices.
- Know proven and effective energy project execution communication protocols.
- Know project performance metrics and project management tools.
- Understand the important role of energy project storage facility, its staffing, and management.
- Gain an appreciation of general and project-specific safety considerations and their impact on the successful implementation of the project.
- Know examples of common "low hanging fruit" in the energy arena to spawn energy project ideas.
Bobby Rauf is the President, Chief Consultant and a Senior Instructor at Sem-Train, LLC. Bobby has over 25 years of experience in teaching undergraduate and post-graduate Engineering, Math, Business Administration and MBA courses, seminars and workshops. Professor Rauf is registered (PE) Professional Engineer, in the State of North Carolina and is a Certified Energy Manager. Mr. Rauf was inducted as “Legend in Energy” by AEE, in 2014. He is a published author of multiple engineering and energy books and professional development courses. He holds a patent in process controls technology. Professor Rauf is certified to instruct various engineering, ergonomics, and industrial safety courses. He has conducted certification training and trained engineers for Professional Engineering licensure exams in the United States, The United Kingdom, Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, The Netherlands and Ukraine, over the past ten years. Mr. Rauf develops and instructs PDH (Professional Development Hour) and, continuing education, engineering skill building courses. He conducts these courses in form of webinars, live on-site presentations, workshops, pre-recorded audio and self-study texts. Some his major clients include Amazon, Texas A&M University, N.C. State University, NYC MTA, Duke Energy, Saudi Aramco – KSA, University of North Carolina at Charlotte, McNeese University, Lamar University, Clemson University, Association of Energy Engineers, EPIC College - Canada; US Bureau of Reclamation, BHP Billiton, PDH Engineers, CED, and PDH Source. He is also an Adjunct Professor at Gardner-Webb University. Professor Rauf has also developed and published several self-study books that cater to the continuous professional development needs of Engineers, Technicians and Technical Managers.
Mr. Rauf’s last full-time engineering employment, in the corporate world, was at PPG Industries, Inc. where he served as a Senior Staff Engineer. During his long career at PPG, his responsibilities included development and management of energy and ergonomics programs for multiple manufacturing plants, in the US and overseas. He also provided consultation and training services in, energy, electrical engineering, industrial safety, ergonomics and arc flash arena. His extensive engineering experience includes, power design, control system design, project management, process management, energy and utilities management, energy audits/assessments, plant maintenance, robotics, manufacturing automation, HVAC audits, and design of ergonomic equipment.
How to Register
- Click the “Register” button.
- You may be prompted to login if you have not already done so.
- Complete the registration information requested and submit payment.
What to Expect After Registering
- You will receive a registration confirmation email.
- About a week before the course, you will receive a final confirmation with additional details regarding the training.
- All information regarding your seminar can be found here in AEE Education, under My Dashboard.
Training Program Attendee Cancellation & Transfer Policy
The following terms and conditions apply to Attendees at the Association of Energy Engineers, Inc. (AEE) Training Programs. All requests for transfers, substitutions, or cancellations must be made in writing. Attendees agree to these terms and conditions by registering for a program.
If you are unable to attend the live seminar for which you have registered, registration fees can be transferred to another public seminar offering or substituted with another individual in your place within one year of the original seminar date. No difference in registration fees paid shall be refunded and attendee is responsible for any difference for transfers to a higher cost seminar.
Virtual Programs: Requests to transfer to a differently named program submitted 14 or less days may be subject to the full cost of the workbook if already ordered.
For registrations cancelled 21 days or more prior to the program date, the full registration fee less a $200 service charge will be refunded. Registrations cancelled 14 or less days may be subject to the full cost of the workbook if already ordered. For registrations cancelled 20 days or less, the full registration fee shall be assessed and no refund will be made. No shows will result in forfeiting of the registration fee and no refund will be made.
In the event a training program is not held as a result of any cause not reasonably within AEE’s control (including, but not limited to, instructor illness, acts of terrorism, acts of God, war, civil disturbances, declaration of national emergency, accidents or labor disputes, fire, flood, storms etc.), attendees shall be notified as soon as possible and AEE’s liability will be limited to the reimbursement of the training program registration fee.