About this Program
Many companies and organizations see LED lighting retrofits as a first step to obtain substantial energy savings. But there are many factors to be considered before you make the switch. This program will provide you the knowledge you need to help identify possible pitfalls before you undertake your interior lighting retrofit project. It also provides the financial tools necessary to help justify your projects beyond simple payback and ROI.
The instructor will provide additional tips to prevent your existing or soon to be installed LED systems from becoming obsolete. And lastly, the future of the lighting retrofitting industry will be included. The majority of the information presented is also applicable to new construction projects.
If you are currently in one of these scenarios, then this program will be valuable to you.
- It may be easy to get retrofits approved if your existing lighting is T12, basic-grade T8, and even mid-grade T8 with many LED products currently available. But, these opportunities are now less frequent. If the existing lighting is high-performance T8, T5, or T5HO lamps with high-quality ballasts or even early LED, more detailed justification is needed.
- If you are considering using LED troffer kits with 160+ LPW and LED hibays with 200+ LPW, but do not see the justification, can you settle with lower specifications?
- Usually, the most common retrofits are with existing linear fluorescent lamps and ballasts. This class will compare Type A, B, C & hybrid TLEDs with lightbars, troffer and other kits and new fixtures. Ambient lamps, directional lamps, recessed cans, task lights, hibays, and other applications will be covered.
- Are you looking for the best-LED products to use for your retrofit? You may know that if worse products are installed, they will probably be there for at least five years, burning excessive electricity, and they may not have the best warranties?
Learning Objectives & Take-Aways
- Understand how to identify the right products for your retrofit and justify your project financially.
- Understand diminishing returns when you consider today’s retrofits can save a higher percentage of KWH than previous retrofits, but electric bill reduction is now usually much lower.
- Recognize that payback and return on investment (ROI) were previously sufficient for approval, they now do not include many of the benefits LED products provide.
- Realize the best way to retrofit or replace existing linear fluorescent fixtures.
- Grasp the benefits of task – ambient lighting.
- Probe the future on how to keep LED systems up to date and if lighting retrofits will mainly become a maintenance issue.
- Diminishing returns
- Financial tools
- Price reductions vs. LPW improvements
- Tools to select optimum LED products
- Linear fluorescent fixtures
- Task lights
- Task ambient lighting
- Ambient lights
- Directional lights
- Recessed cans
- Refrigerator and freezer lights
- Future diminishing returns
- Prevent LED systems to become obsolete
- Future of lighting retrofit industry
You earn 0.4 CEU | 4 PDH | 0.8 AEE Credits for completing this program
The program is of greatest value to individuals responsible for energy management and energy-related cost reduction. Attendees of this program have included professionals from end-users in industrial, commercial, government, utility, institutional, municipal and residential sectors, as well as energy service and engineering firms. Their roles have ranged from existing energy professionals, energy service providers, energy engineers, energy managers, facilities managers, business managers, and energy consultants.
Online Training Experience
Attending this program is an ideal opportunity to participate in a focused, fast-paced instructional program, designed to expand your knowledge of interior lighting. The program is presented in short 2-hour sessions over the course of two days to allow professionals to attend while still maintaining their current work schedule.
Attendees can participate in this online program from anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection or access via smartphone/tablet.
Training Program Hours
- 1:00 pm - 3:00 pm US Eastern
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Early registration is recommended as seats for AEE Training Programs are limited. Registration will close when an event reaches capacity.
- Questions? Visit the FAQ Page for additional information about AEE Training Programs.
- This program is designed for US attendees only. Contact your local training provider for programs available in your region.