3.8 AEE Credits | 1.9 CEU | 19 PDH
Duration 3 Days
This training program is designed for professionals responsible for buying or selling energy or individuals moving into an energy procurement career. Over three days, our professional instructors will help you achieve a working knowledge of the current deregulated marketplace as well as the principles and practices of greatest relevance and practical value.
- Learn the structure of the energy industry, its markets, it’s outlook, legislation, and regulations.
- Learn how to market, purchase and sell electricity and natural gas.
- Learn how to define individual corporate energy goals and combine them into an overall energy procurement strategy and program.
- Learn the technical aspects of energy usage, including metering, load profiling, and real-time pricing.
- Learn the fundamentals of energy trading and risk management.
- Learn the best energy cost avoidance strategies that can benefit your company.
- Work through practical examples of to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Certified Energy Procurement Professional® (CEP®) exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Energy Procurement Professional® (CEP®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification here. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Attendees can select one of two options to apply for the certification and sit the CEP® exam.
- To take the exam in conjunction with this training program. The exam is administered on the last day of the training program.
- Alternatively, the attendee can choose to schedule the exam at a remote testing center at a time of their choosing.
The program is of great value to those interacting with or managing energy procurement. Attendees of this program have included utility company personnel, energy service company personnel, energy managers, operational and financial executives, plant engineers, facilities managers, and energy consultants.
Location, Travel & Accommodation.
When held in conjunction with AEE East, this training program will be held in the Hynes Convention Center located at 900 Boylston Street. Boston, MA 02115.
When held in conjunction with AEE West, this training program will be held in the Santa Clara Convention Center located at 5001 Great America Pkwy, Santa Clara, CA 95054.
Training Program Hours
- Sign-in and Onsite Registration Day 1: 8:00 am
- Instruction Day 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Instruction Day 2: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Instruction Day 3: 8:00 am - 12 noon
- Exam on Day 3 Following Seminar: 1:00 pm
Please review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.