About this Program
This training program is designed to provide attendees a concise, but comprehensive overview of practices for improving energy management and energy efficiency in buildings and across facilities. Many energy professionals use this program to develop their background knowledge before embarking on a path to the Certified Energy Manager® (CEM®) or Business Energy Professional (BEP) certifications.
- Understand the basics of energy management, including terminology and the technical aspects of systems and equipment that energy managers are responsible for in buildings and facilities.
- Learn the crucial steps of energy management and organizational strategies, including auditing, measurement, commissioning, payback, and maintenance.
- Learn how to identify the low-cost, no-cost system improvements that can provide immediate financial benefits
- Then take energy management a step further by learning the fundamentals of clean and renewable energy, and what to consider for ongoing sustainability.
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered.
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Certified Energy Efficiency Practitioner® (EEP®) exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This program is held over 3 Days.
You earn 1.5 CEU | 15 PDH | 3.0 AEE Credits for completing this program.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Energy Efficiency Practitioner® (EEP®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification here. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Attendees can select one of two options to apply for the certification and sit the EEP® exam.
- To take the exam in conjunction with this training program. The exam is administered on the last day of the training program.
- Alternatively, the attendee can choose to schedule the exam at a remote testing center at a time of their choosing.
AEE’s EEP® certification provides international credibility among energy management, sustainable and clean energy communities. Attendees of this program have included young energy professionals, newly qualified energy engineers, or individuals recently promoted to energy managers. It also includes non-energy professionals looking to gain an insight into energy management theories and practices, such as executives, financial executives, operations managers, architects, and consultants.
Location, Travel & Accommodations
This live program will be held in the following locations:
June 22 - 24, 2020 | Seattle, WA | Washington State Convention Center
705 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101
This training event will be held in conjunction with AEE West.
<< Hotel Information >>
September 21 - 23, 2020 | Denver, CO | Colorado Convention Center
700 14th St, Denver, CO 80202
This training event will be held in conjunction with AEE World.
<< Hotel Information >>
Training Program Hours
- Sign-in and Onsite Registration Day 1: 8:00 am
- Instruction Day 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Instruction Day 2: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Exam on Day 3 Following Seminar: 9:00 am
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Online pre-registration ends one week prior to the training start date. Onsite registrations are accepted through the start of the training.