About this Program
This training program is designed to provide attendees a concise, but comprehensive overview of practices for improving energy management and energy efficiency in buildings and across facilities. Many energy professionals use this program to develop their background knowledge before embarking on a path to the Certified Energy Manager® (CEM®) or Business Energy Professional (BEP) certifications.
- Understand the basics of energy management, including terminology and the technical aspects of systems and equipment that energy managers are responsible for in buildings and facilities.
- Learn the crucial steps of energy management and organizational strategies, including auditing, measurement, commissioning, payback, and maintenance.
- Learn how to identify the low-cost, no-cost system improvements that can provide immediate financial benefits
- Then take energy management a step further by learning the fundamentals of clean and renewable energy, and what to consider for ongoing sustainability.
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered.
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Certified Energy Efficiency Practitioner® (EEP®) exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This program is held over 3 Days.
You earn 1.5 CEU | 15 PDH | 3.0 AEE Credits for completing this program.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Energy Efficiency Practitioner® (EEP®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification here. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Attendees can select one of two options to apply for the certification and sit the EEP® exam.
- To take the exam in conjunction with this training program. The exam is administered on the last day of the training program.
Alternatively, the attendee can choose to schedule and take the exam online through remote proctoring.
AEE’s EEP® certification provides international credibility among energy management, sustainable and clean energy communities. Attendees of this program have included young energy professionals, newly qualified energy engineers, or individuals recently promoted to energy managers. It also includes non-energy professionals looking to gain an insight into energy management theories and practices, such as executives, financial executives, operations managers, architects, and consultants.
Location, Travel & Accommodations
Updated information is currently in development. Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to be notified once additional information becomes available.
Training Program Hours
- Sign-in and Onsite Registration Day 1: 8:00 am
- Instruction Day 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Instruction Day 2: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Exam on Day 3 Following Seminar: 9:00 am
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Early registration is recommended as seats for AEE Training Programs are limited. Registration will close when an event reaches capacity.
- Questions? Visit the FAQ Page for additional information about AEE Training Programs.
- This program is designed for US attendees only. Contact your local training provider for programs available in your region.