About this Program
This training program is designed to provide a deep understanding of Distributed Generation (DG), and Combined Heat and Power (CHP) technologies and applications for buildings and facilities. Over three days, our professional instructor, who has over 30-years’ experience in the field, will help you understand DG & CHP technical, legal and financial principles of greatest relevance and practical value.
- Learn the technologies, how to analyze your current application, and the fundamentals you need to consider when undertaking a DG & CHP project.
- Learn the technical aspects of energy, thermodynamics and power cycle performance.
- Learn how to perform an economic life-cycle cost analysis
- Understand how regulatory and permitting issues will affect your DG & CHP project.
- Learn the latest concepts and strategies for renewable energy-focused DG & CHP projects.
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Distributed Generation Certified Professional® (DGCP®) exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This program is held over 3 Days.
You earn 2 CEU | 20 PDH | 4 AEE Credits for completing this program.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Distributed Generation Certified Professional® (DGCP®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification here. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Attendees can select one of two options to apply for the certification and sit the DGCP® exam.
- To take the exam in conjunction with this training program. The exam is administered on the last day of the training program.
- Alternatively, the attendee can choose to schedule the exam at a remote testing center at a time of their choosing.
The program is of value to those managing a facility’s distributed generation or combined heat and power requirements, or to energy professionals responsible for overseeing the successful implementation of these types of projects. Attendees of this program have included energy engineers, energy managers, engineering managers, plant engineers, maintenance engineers, facilities managers, energy consultants, and building owners.
Location, Travel & Accommodations
This live program will be held in the following locations:
June 22 - 24, 2020 | Seattle, WA | Washington State Convention Center
705 Pike St, Seattle, WA 98101
This training event will be held in conjunction with AEE West.
<< Hotel Information >>
September 21 - 23, 2020 | Denver, CO | Colorado Convention Center
700 14th St, Denver, CO 80202
This training event will be held in conjunction with AEE World.
<< Hotel Information >>
Training Program Hours
- Sign-in and Onsite Registration Day 1: 8:00 am
- Instruction Day 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Instruction Day 2: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Instruction Day 3: 8:00 am - 12 noon
- Exam on Day 3 Following Seminar: 1:00 pm
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Online pre-registration ends one week prior to the training start date. Onsite registrations are accepted through the start of the training.