About this Program
Attend In-Person or Virtually | 15 hours of instruction.
*Note: For additional details about upcoming dates, select the Location & Schedule tab.
The Certified Water Efficiency Professional (CWEP®) Training Program is designed to provide attendees with an understanding of industry best practices for effective and efficient water management. Over three days, our professional instructor will guide you through the principles and practices of greatest relevance and practical value related to improving water usage and enabling sustainable programs.
Early Registration Recommended:
- Registration for In-Person Attendance ends 7 days before the event start date.
- Some courses are dependent on attendee minimums to proceed. See Location and Schedule tab for details.
Beginning in 2021: Early bird registration ends 10 days before the event start date. An additional surcharge of $100 will apply for registrations submitted 10 or less days before the event.
Virtual registration will close when the event reaches capacity, or no later than 12pm US Eastern on the Thursday before the event begins. To be notified of additional upcoming dates in 2021, subscribe to AEE Education Updates here.
In-Person Classroom Experience
Travel to the training location and join your cohorts in a state of the art learning center. You benefit from being away from the office, daily interruptions, and direct face-to-face interaction with your fellow attendees and instructors.
In-person seats are limited to follow social distancing guidelines. Early registration is highly recommended to reserve an in-person seat.
Maintaining a Safe Environment
The health and well-being of our attendees and instructors is our top priority. In-person attendees can be assured AEE and the training facility adhere to the CDC's recommendations for social distancing and safety measures.
In-Person Training Materials
All registration and course materials will be given to attendees at sign-in on day 1 at the seminar location. Workbooks will not be pre-shipped to in-person attendees.
Virtual Classroom Experience
You can participate in a fully interactive, instructor-led classroom environment from the comfort of your own home or office. An ideal solution for those with travel, time, or budget restrictions.
Virtual attendance is currently available to US Attendees only. View AEE's global training schedule here.
Virtual Training Materials
AEE will ship CWEP Training materials directly to each virtual participant.
Participants must submit the correct shipping address on this form no later than 10 days before the event. Addresses confirmed 10 or less days before the event start may be subject to an additional surcharge. Electronic materials will not be provided. PO boxes are not permitted for this shipment.
Virtual System & Equipment Requirements
Microphone & Speakers/Headphones OR Headset (Required)
Online Broadband (non-secured) bandwidth of 3 Mbps. A wired connection is highly recommended.
Complete System Requirements
- Learn how to measure, verify and evaluate water usage for a given building or facility.
- Learn the relevant terminology used by local municipalities, and federal and state governments, as well as their policies, incentives and water specific mandates.
- Learn about water billing for your company, client or facility, and what strategies to employ to reduce costs.
- Learn how to compare and contrast water supply and water balancing options.
- Learn what technologies are available to improve water efficiency.
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Certified Water Efficiency Professional® (CWEP®) exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This program is held over 3 Days.
You earn 1.5 CEU | 15 PDH | 3.0 AEE Credits for completing this program.
The Certified Water Efficiency Professional® (CWEP®) exam is administered on the final day of this program. Please review the requirements for certification here. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Attendees can select one of two options to apply for the certification and sit the CWEP® exam.
- The onsite exam in conjunction with this training program, and is administered on the last day of the training program.
Virtual attendees will schedule and take the exam online through remote proctoring. Virtual exam times are scheduled on an individual basis. The exam application must be submitted in order to schedule the remote exam. AEE has 30 days to process exam applications. Early registration & exam application is recommended to ensure there will not be a delay in scheduling the remote exam.
The program is of greatest value to those undertaking or assessing water efficiency projects or individuals responsible for water supply and management for a facility or building. Obtaining AEE’s CWEP® certification provides international credibility among the environmental management and sustainability communities. Attendees of this program have included existing energy engineers, energy managers, building maintenance engineers, manufacturing and facilities managers, and energy consultants.
Location & Schedule
Subscribe to AEE Education updates here to be notified once registration opens for this training program.
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Early registration is recommended as seats for AEE Training Programs are limited. Registration will close when an event reaches capacity.
- Questions? Visit the FAQ Page for additional information about AEE Training Programs.
- This program is designed for US attendees only. Contact your local training provider for programs available in your region.