4 AEE Credits | 2 CEU | 20 PDH
Duration 3 Days
This training program provides the essential knowledge all professionals need to ensure power quality for a building or facility. Over two days, our professional instructor will help you understand the essential aspects of energy reliability, as well as the technical principles and practices of greatest relevance and practical value.
- Learn the industry standards (IEEE), terminology and technology required to ensure power quality and reliability.
- Learn about power system interactions, grounding, bonding, noise control, surge and harmonics, and how they can cause your facility problems, or how they can be part of the solution.
- Learn about power conditioning and how to assess the need for it in your building or facility.
- Learn about important concepts of monitoring, predictive analysis, and trend reporting.
- Learn how to review power plans and specifications for impact on your business and operations.
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Certified Power Quality Professional® (CPQ®) exam.
- Discuss case studies and how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Power Quality Professional® (CPQ®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification here.
Attendees can select one of two options to apply for the certification and sit the CPQ® exam.
- To take the exam in conjunction with this training program, select “Yes” to the Exam Enrollment option. This will enroll you in the exam and add the $300 payment for the Certification Application and Examination Fee. The exam is administered on the last day of the training program.
- Alternatively, the attendee can choose to schedule the exam at a remote testing center at a time of their choosing. The Certification Application and Examination Fee for remote testing center applicants is $400, payable after you review the procedures for remote testing applications here and submit your separate application.
The program is of great value to those responsible for the safe, continuous supply of power within a building or facility. Attendees of this program have included energy engineers, energy managers, engineering managers, plant engineers, maintenance engineers, facilities managers, energy auditors and energy consultants.
Location, Travel & Accommodation.
See a list of recommended hotels here.
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Online pre-registration ends one week prior to the training start date. Onsite registrations are accepted through the start of the training