6.4 AEE Credits | 3.2 CEU | 32 PDH
Duration 5 Days
This training program is designed to provide attendees a deep-dive into the financial aspects of energy efficiency and energy management practices. Over five days, our professional instructors will guide you through the principles and practices of greatest relevance and practical value when looking at the “bottom line”, either for your company or for your customers.
- Understand what business-oriented professionals need to know when supervising technical professionals in energy management.
- Learn the important aspects of energy procurement, and energy accounting and reporting.
- Learn the key financial factors for performance contracting management, alternative financing and project financing.
- Learn how to look at utilities rates and make project decisions based on this knowledge.
- Learn how to communicate in non-technical terms the benefits of energy efficiency projects..
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Certified Business Energy Professional® (BEP®) exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Business Energy Professional® (BEP®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification here. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Attendees can select one of two options to apply for the certification and sit the BEP® exam.
- To take the exam in conjunction with this training program. The exam is administered on the last day of the training program.
- Alternatively, the attendee can choose to schedule the exam at a remote testing center at a time of their choosing.
The program is of greatest value to non-technical business-oriented professionals that manage energy engineers or oversee energy efficiency projects. Obtaining AEE’s BEP® certification provides international credibility among energy management, sustainable and clean energy communities. Attendees of this program have included existing energy professionals, executives, financial executives, facilities managers, energy consultants, energy engineers, and energy managers.
Location, Travel & Accommodation.
When held in conjunction with AEE World, this training program will be held in the Walter E. Washington Convention Center located at 801 Mt. Vernon Place NW, Washington, DC.
Training Program Hours
- Sign-in and Onsite Registration Day 1: 8:00 am
- Instruction Day 1: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Instruction Day 2 - 4: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Instruction Day 5: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Exam on Day 5 Following Seminar: 11:00 am
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Online pre-registration ends one week prior to the training start date. Onsite registrations are accepted through the start of the training