About this Program
An in-person training program, held over 2 days, 13 total hours with multiple instructors
This two-day program is specifically designed to update Certified Energy Managers (CEM) on the most current energy-related trends, strategies, best practices, technologies, and regulations. If you are an existing CEM that needs a refresher, or a lapsed CEM that needs AEE credits to get re-certified, this course is a great place to start.
All attendees are CEM "graduates," which elevates the interactions between attendees and enhances networking opportunities. There is no homework or exam, which in turn makes this one of AEE's most "fun" programs to attend. It is also only provided once a year, before AEE World Energy Conference and Expo, which allows attendees to participate in the full conference and expo.
The program is designed to benefit a broad base of attendees. It is updated annually across a wide range of topics, these include:
- Energy management technologies, strategies, best practices, and global trends
- Regulations that could affect your organization
- Funding mechanisms & advanced presentation techniques to help you get projects approved
Also, the Instructors/Guest Speakers cover topics that are currently relevant to CEMs. This content varies each year. Hot Topics for 2020 include:
- Technologies such as Solar, GeoThermal, and Condensing Boilers
- Tax Benefits for FY 2018-2020
- Detailed agenda coming soon
The 2019 Annual Update included:
- 10 Cutting Edge Energy Technologies
- LNG, (liquified natural gas), for small scale commercial and industrial use
- POE, Power over Ethernet for lighting and other applications
- Advanced chemical battery energy storage
- Leak solutions for structures and ductwork
- Water leak and flow detection technologies
- Phone Apps for getting field energy information
- Magnetic bearing chillers
- Variable refrigerant flow
- Chilled Beams
- How to Avoid the Legal System while Getting Your Work Done
- We will explore three scenarios from real-life cases that include civil liability, environmental crime, and personal criminal liability for injuries and fatalities.
- Recognizing when things are not going well, and what to do.
- What happens when you get sued, understanding the process.
- Personal criminal liability, can it happen to me? Understanding manslaughter, voluntary, and involuntary.
- An Update of New DOE Tools for Energy Savings
- An Overview of new 2019 CEM Workbook and updated tables for calculating savings
- You will receive "highlights" of key new materials that will help you better estimate savings
- Case studies and examples of energy projects with 100% return on investment (one-year simple payback)
- Dynamic demand-side management and utility rebates, "Secret" benefits of power management.
- Phase change media, energy storage and innovative HVAC technologies which cut costs
- Solar energy and utility adaptation strategies that may be useful to your bottom line
- LED lighting updates
- Hot Topics in Energy Management
- Tax Benefit Updates
This program is held over 2 days.
You earn 1.3 CEU | 13 PDH | 2.6 AEE Credits for completing this program.
An exam is not administered during this program and the program does not provide an AEE certification. Attendees with lapsed CEM certifications may contact AEE to find out how to renew their CEM certification.
This course is designed to help CEMs, including energy managers, energy engineers, facility and business managers, industrial engineers, supply chain professionals, utility officials, consultants, contractors, financial officers, and energy service company professionals become more aware of and effective at identifying and implementing the best energy management strategies.
Only instructors with greater than 20 years experience in the industry teach this program. They present the latest practices, strategies, and theories, while leading discussions in an open, interactive environment. In each topic covered, the instructors focus on the most “useful” and “proven” activities that are the most significant value to attendees.
Your instructors include:
Location, Travel & Accommodations
This live program will be held in the following locations:
September 21 - 22, 2020 | Denver, CO | Colorado Convention Center
700 14th St, Denver, CO 80202
This training event will be held in conjunction with AEE World.
<< Hotel Information >>
Training Program Hours
- Sign-in and Onsite Registration Day 1: 8:15am
- Seminar Hours Day 1: 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Seminar Hours Day 2: 8:30am - 4:00pm
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Early registration is recommended as seats for AEE Training Programs are limited. Registration will close when an event reaches capacity.
- Questions? Visit the FAQ Page for additional information about AEE Training Programs.
- This program is designed for US attendees only. Contact your local training provider for programs available in your region.