About this Program
If you are a professional responsible for buying or selling energy, or an individual moving into an energy procurement position, then this program is for you. Over three days, our professional instructors will help you achieve a working knowledge of the current deregulated marketplace as well as the principles and practices of the highest relevance and practical value.
- Learn the structure of the energy industry, its markets, its outlook, legislation, and regulations.
- Learn how to market, purchase, and sell electricity and natural gas.
- Learn how to define individual corporate energy goals and combine them into an overall energy procurement strategy and program.
- Learn the technical aspects of energy usage, including metering, load profiling, and real-time pricing.
- Learn the fundamentals of energy trading and risk management.
- Learn the best energy cost avoidance strategies that can benefit your company.
- Work through practical examples of to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Certified Energy Procurement Professional® (CEP®) exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This program is held over 3 Days.
You earn 1.9 CEU | 19 PDH | 3.8 AEE Credits for completing this program.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Energy Procurement Professional® (CEP®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification here. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Attendees can select one of two options to apply for the certification and sit the CEP® exam.
- To take the exam in conjunction with this training program. The exam is administered on the last day of the training program.
- Alternatively, the attendee can choose to schedule the exam at a remote testing center at a time of their choosing.
The program is of great value to those interacting with or managing energy procurement. Attendees of this program have included utility company personnel, energy service company personnel, energy managers, operational and financial executives, plant engineers, facilities managers, and energy consultants.
Location, Travel & Accommodations
July 13 - 15, 2020 | Philadelphia, PA | Wyndham Philadelphia Historic District
400 Arch Street, Philadelphia, PA 19106
Discounted Rate: $159, expires 6/21/2020 (complimentary wifi in guest rooms included)
<< Book This Hotel >>
September 21 - 23, 2020 | Denver, CO | Colorado Convention Center
700 14th St, Denver, CO 80202
This training event will be held in conjunction with AEE World.
<< Hotel Information >>
November 9 - 11, 2020 | Dallas, TX | Sheraton Suites Market Center Dallas
2101 North Stemmons Freeway, Dallas, TX 75207
Discounted Rate: $169, expires 10/16/2020 ($5 discounted parking included)
<< Book This Hotel >>
Training Program Hours
- Sign-in and Onsite Registration Day 1: 8:00 am
- Instruction Day 1: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Instruction Day 2: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Instruction Day 3: 8:00 am - 12 noon
- Exam on Day 3 Following Seminar: 1:00 pm
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Early registration is recommended as seats for AEE Training Programs are limited. Registration will close when an event reaches capacity.
- Questions? Visit the FAQ Page for additional information about AEE Training Programs.
- This program is designed for US attendees only. Contact your local training provider for programs available in your region.