About this Program
This training program is designed to provide attendees a deep-dive into the financial aspects of energy efficiency and energy management practices. Over five days, our professional instructors will guide you through the principles and practices of the highest relevance and practical value when looking at the “bottom line,” either for your company or your customers.
- Understand what business-oriented professionals need to know when supervising technical professionals in energy management.
- Learn the essential aspects of energy procurement and energy accounting and reporting.
- Learn the critical financial factors for performance contracting management, alternative financing, and project financing.
- Learn how to look at utility rates and make project decisions based on this knowledge.
- Learn how to communicate in non-technical terms the benefits of energy efficiency projects.
- Work through practical examples to demonstrate the topics and procedures covered
- Review the various areas of the Body of Knowledge associated with AEE’s Certified Business Energy Professional® (BEP®) exam.
- Discuss how to apply what you have learned to your business and applications.
This program is held over 5 Days.
You earn 3.2 CEU | 32 PDH | 6.4 AEE Credits for completing this program.
This training program prepares attendees to take the Certified Business Energy Professional® (BEP®) exam. Please review the requirements for certification here. A separate certification and application fee applies.
Attendees can select one of two options to apply for the certification and sit the BEP® exam.
- To take the exam in conjunction with this training program. The exam is administered on the last day of the training program.
- Alternatively, the attendee can choose to schedule the exam at a remote testing center at a time of their choosing.
This training program is of greatest value to non-technical business-oriented professionals that manage energy engineers or oversee energy efficiency projects or technically-oriented professionals that need a better understanding of justifying projects and the business side of energy management. Obtaining AEE’s BEP® certification provides international credibility among energy management, sustainable and clean energy communities. Attendees of this program have included existing energy professionals, executives, financial executives, facilities managers, energy consultants, energy engineers, and energy managers.
Location, Travel & Accommodations
This live program will be held in the following locations:
September 21 - 25, 2020 | Denver, CO | Colorado Convention Center
700 14th St, Denver, CO 80202
This training event will be held in conjunction with AEE World.
<< Hotel Information >>
Training Program Hours
- Sign-in and Onsite Registration Day 1: 8:00 am
- Instruction Day 1: 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
- Instruction Day 2 - 4: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Instruction Day 5: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Exam on Day 5 Following Seminar: 11:00 am
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Early registration is recommended as seats for AEE Training Programs are limited. Registration will close when an event reaches capacity.
- Questions? Visit the FAQ Page for additional information about AEE Training Programs.
- This program is designed for US attendees only. Contact your local training provider for programs available in your region.