About this Program
Attend In-Person | 15 hours of instruction over 2 days.
Participants who attend the entire program and pass the assessments in the course will be awarded the Transport Energy Auditing Certificate.
The Transport Energy Auditing Certificate Training Program is a two-day course aimed at experienced and qualified energy auditors seeking to include transport in their energy audits and management services. Experienced CEMs and CEA qualified auditors are the target audience.
Early Registration Recommended:
- Registration for In-Person Attendance ends 7 days before the event start date.
- Some courses are dependent on attendee minimums to proceed. See Location and Schedule tab for details.
Beginning in 2021: Early bird registration ends 10 days before the event start date. An additional surcharge of $100 will apply for registrations submitted 10 or less days before the event.
- Understand transport energy, its measurement, management, losses and opportunities
- Deliver an actionable audit report and ongoing supports to auditee company
Knowledge Base: What You Will Learn
- Transport in context, policy drivers, legal requirements and energy related targets
- Business case development and communication
- Road Transport Energy Data; how to find it, analyze it and understand its certainties
- Transport as a system, avoid, shift and improve model
- Opportunities identification, audit and walk-around planning, pitfalls and avoidance
- Alternative energy and fuels, vehicles and approaches
- Actionable reports writing, developing EnPIs, LCCA for transport
- Other modes – a brief overview of air, rail and maritime by request (vote taken at outset)
Skills: What You Will Be Able to Do
- Questioning skills – very often the operator will be highly skeptical, auditor must lead
- Numeracy – compiling and accessing large volumes of fueling transactions to:
- Show vehicle by vehicle performance
- Show fleet energy performance and savings from actions
- Communication – oral and written – ‘energy’ is managed by every transport operator as they carry their fuel with them; understanding how to communicate is key to a successful audit. Auditor must be able to talk to drivers (key operators) and the boardroom (drivers/masters/pilots are highly mobile local language will not always be first language)
Demonstration of Competency (open book)
- Communication & Questioning Skills; written test and 30 second elevator pitch exercise
- Numeracy – multiple choice questions
- Technology, alternative fuels – multiple choice knowledge test with pictures and problems
- System challenges – pose problems with multiple choice answer based on system examples in course content. Similar to 50001 if ‘we’ve done it all’, challenge the process itself
- Intros & Objectives
- Your customer examples and challenges
- Basic principles of road transport energy use
- Testing data quality; getting comfortable with the uncertainties
- What to look for; opportunities and general approach (ASI)
- Where to look, e.g., on your car/ vehicle walk-around
- Report writing for fleet manager (how to get invited back)
- Follow through to ongoing projects and relationships
- General Approach
- Travel for business
- Energy use in cars
- Policy, laws and audit standards
- Drivers for policy and laws
- Audit standards from around the world
- Measurement (energy & activity)
- Identifying Opportunities
- Site Visit
- New vehicles & alternative fuels
- Review & exam
You earn 1.5 CEU | 15 PDH | 3.0 AEE Credits* for completing this program.
*Participants must attend for the duration to earn CEUs.
About Certificate Programs
Certificate programs are a series of sessions, along with an assessment in order to achieve the certificate of completion. They are a type of specialization. No renewals are associated with certificate programs. This program does not provide an AEE certification.
Your instructors include:
Location & Schedule
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Early registration is recommended as seats for AEE Training Programs are limited. Registration will close when an event reaches capacity.
- Questions? Visit the FAQ Page for additional information about AEE Training Programs.
- This program is designed for US attendees only. Contact your local training provider for programs available in your region.