About this Program
In this program, participants learn about finance, accounting, corporate reporting requirements, and engineering economics. Participants will learn about fundamental bookkeeping, accounting methods, and learn about common organizational structures and the roles of Financial Analysts, Accountants, Controllers, and CFO’s.
This instructor illustrates these concepts using numerical analysis and encourages attendee interaction, to participate and share their experiences, challenges, failures, and successes to enrich the overall learning experience.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand income statements, balance sheets, concepts of cash flow, and working capital.
- Understand the accepted capital investment performance metrics, such as financial ratios, payback period, and Net Present Value (NPV)
- Gain an appreciation of different types of business entities, financial reports, and reporting requirements
- Understand common asset depreciation methods and their influence on net profit and taxes
- Understand inventory systems in the control of net income, net profit, and tax liability.
- Gain a clear understanding of financial metrics and financial ratios, including Payback Period, FV, PV, Time Value of Money Conversions, IRR, ROI, NPV, ROE, ROR, Current Ratio, Acid Test Ratio, and Plant Turnover Ratio.
- Understand depreciation alternatives such as S/L, MACRS, and SOY Digits.
- Understand inventory concepts such as FIFO, LIFO, EOQ, Inv. Turnover Ratio, WIP Inv., and Inv. Carrying Costs.
- Gain a better understanding of Lease vs. Buy Decisions, and Repair vs. Replace Decisions.
- Understand different types of costs, including Life Cycle Cost, Period Costs, Direct, and Indirect Costs.
- Accounting and Finance Concepts: Definitions, Discussion and Examples of Calculations
- Economics and engineering economics
- Common Organizational Structures - Role of Financial Analysts, Accountants,
- Controllers and CFO’s
- Income Statements and Balance Sheets. Cash Flow and Working Capital Concepts
- Financial Reporting Requirements
- Financial Metrics and Ratios: Payback Period, FV, PV, Time Value of Money
- Conversions. IRR, ROI, NPV, ROE, ROR, Current Ratio, Acid Test Ratio, Plant
- Turnover Ratio
- Depreciation Alternatives: S/L, Prod. Based, SOY Digits
- Inventory Concepts: FIFO, LIFO, EOQ, Inv. Turnover Ratio, WIP Inv., Inv.
- Carrying Costs
- Lease vs. Buy Decisions. Repair vs. Replace Decisions
- Costs: Life Cycle Cost. Period Costs, Direct, and Indirect Costs
This program is held over three days.
You earn 0.8 CEU | 8 PDH | 1.6 AEE Credits for completing this program.
An exam is not administered during this program and the program does not provide an AEE certification.
This course caters to Energy Professionals, Engineers, Professional Engineers, Technicians, Facilities Managers, and other professionals who are directly or indirectly responsible for implementing projects, commissioning buildings and facilities, or the daily operation of buildings and facilities.
Online Training Experience
Attending this program is an ideal opportunity to participate in a focused, fast-paced instructional program, designed to expand your knowledge of renewable energy. The program is presented in short sessions over the course of three days to allow professionals to attend while still maintaining their current work schedule.
Attendees can participate in this online program from anywhere you have access to a high-speed internet connection or access via smartphone/tablet.
Training Program Hours
- Day 1 & 2: 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm US Eastern
- Day 3: 12:00 pm - 2:00 pm US Eastern
- Review the Transfer & Cancellation Policy. By Registering for this Training Program you agree to these terms.
- Early registration is recommended as seats for AEE Training Programs are limited. Registration will close when an event reaches capacity.
- Questions? Visit the FAQ Page for additional information about AEE Training Programs.
- This program is designed for US attendees only. Contact your local training provider for programs available in your region.